By taking your workouts outside the box I am able to develop programs for clients that are a bit off the beaten path and involve functional, full body movement. My training philosophy is more for less – meaning more sweat, less rest.
As a competitive skater for most of my life I have always been active, but I was never that big into fitness. After typical weight struggles throughout university I slowly got the hang of a balance between exercise and a clean diet. My background in Kin provided me with more than enough experience to develop my own training plans. In March of 2010 I decided to sign up for the Sporting Life 10k road race on a whim. I didn’t consider myself a runner but thought it might be fun to work towards a goal and put myself out of my element. Race day came and I was completely hooked. Not long after I signed up for a half-marathon and eventually I was tackling the full 42.2k.
While working for lululemon I had the opportunity to develop relationships with yoga and fitness leaders throughout the city. Through these connections I discovered my love for sharing my passions for fitness and healthy living with others. When a friend suggested I consider a career as a personal trainer I honestly felt like my light bulb switched on.
I am so lucky to have been able to make a career out of what I am passionate about. I love going to work each day and working with clients to achieve their health and fitness goals.
- 2013 Boston Marathon – 3:31:56
- 2013 Around the Bay in 30k – 2:26:57
- 2013 Achille’s St Patricks Day 5k – 21:36
- 2012 Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Half-Marathon – 1:43:32
- 2012 SeaWheeze lululemon Half-Marathon – 1:48:40
- 2012 Ottawa Marathon – 3:31:46
- 2012 Yonge St 10k – 45:31
- Winner of 2 national gold & 6 bronze medals in Synchronized Skating
- Coach of the Juvenile & Novice 2011 Ontario Synchronized Skating Champions
- Complete a sub 3:30 Marathon (October 2013)
- Host 12 organic dinner parties. (March 2013)
- Compete in my first CrossFit competition. (Fall 2013)
- Own a pre and post natal health and wellness centre. (April 2018)
- Volunteer with my family on an international Habitat for Humanity Build.(March 2020)